The Arkansas Co-Teaching Project is excited to offer one-day workshops (6 hours) at educational cooperatives throughout Arkansas. Summer 2022 schedule below.
Making the Connection Between Inclusion and Co-Teaching
Successful inclusive education happens when all students are accepted and respected regardless of their differences and diversities. The inclusive practice of co-teaching provides students with disabilities or other special needs equitable access to the general education curriculum in their least restrictive environment. In the co-taught setting, students with disabilities receive individual specially designed instruction and the opportunity to experience academic success alongside their typically achieving peers.
In this learning opportunity, participants will examine the critical components of co-teaching through active participation in the six instructional formats. Essential elements for creating a collaborative partnership will be explored, along with other high leverage practices used to enhance the learning for all students. Participants will leave with strategies and resources to begin or enhance their co-teaching experience.
It is critical that all school personnel understand the importance of inclusion for ALL students, and take the necessary steps to create an inclusive environment where all students are accepted. We invite co-teachers, administrators, instructional leaders, and support staff to attend this training to make the vision of inclusion a reality.
- June 2 – Dequeen – Mena Education Service Cooperative
- June 3 – Arch Ford Education Service Cooperative
- June 6 & 7 – Dawson Education Service Cooperative
- June 8 – Southeast Arkansas Education Service Cooperative
- June 10 – Wilbur D. Mills Education Service Cooperative
- June 27 – Guy Fenter Education Service Cooperative
- June 28 – Northwest Arkansas Education Service Cooperative
- June 30 – Great Rivers Education Service Cooperative
- July 5 – Northeast Arkansas Education Cooperative
- July 6 – South Central Service Cooperative
- July 7 – Southwest Regional Education Cooperative
- July 14 – Northeast Arkansas Education Cooperative
- July 18 – OUR Educational Service Cooperative
- July 21 – Northcentral Arkansas Education Service Cooperative